Effective from April 2014
Aussie Trax is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy of your personal information; both through use of our website and in the hiring of our vehicles. This policy explains how Aussie Trax protects your privacy, and is a summary of how we collect, use and disclose personal information provided to us. When you use our website or our services, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this policy.
COLLECTION OF YOU PERSONAL INFORMATION-
When you rent a vehicle from Aussie Trax, we need to collect certain information from you. This information includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Contact telephone number(s)
- Date of birth
- Country of Residence
- Driver’s licence number and state/country of origin
- Vehicle preference
- Credit card number(s), card CCV and expiry date(s)
- Email address
- Reservations and rental details including dates, times and places of vehicle hire
- Preferences such as baby seat requirements, table and chair orders, accommodation or camping needs/preferences etc.
- Vehicle damage circumstances and details.
We will only collect information in accordance with the law. You can choose not to provide some of your personal details, but this may prevent us from providing our services to you.
HOW IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION USED OR DISCLOSED BY AUSSIE TRAX?
We use your personal information for the provision of services that you request; and to improve upon our services and customer relations. We use collected information is used in the following ways:
- To provide the services you request
- Perform tasks necessary to administer those services
- Research, develop, manage, protect and improve our services
- Maintain and develop our software and other business systems.
- We may disclose your personal information to other related and non-related organisations including:
- Payment processing gateway ‘Eway’
- NPRSR website for the service of purchasing permits
- Credit card providers
- Credit reporting and fraud checking agencies where necessary to register a default
- Debt collection agencies, in the event of your default in payment of monies owed to us
- City councils and government or private organisations responsible for the processing or handling of traffic related infringements
- Driver licensing authorities; and
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
- To legal professionals to protect or defend the rights or property of Aussie Trax
We will not-
- Sell, rent or lease our customer information to third parties for use.
- Provide your information to third parties, working on our behalf; for marketing or statistical analysis.
HOW DOES AUSSIE TRAX SECURE INFORMATION?
We maintain the personally identifiable information, that you provide on the computer in servers that are secure, controlled and protected from unauthorised use. Only employees of Aussie Trax and those authorised to perform services on our behalf will have access to your personal information. When personal information (such as credit card numbers) are transmitted to another website (our payment processing gateway); it is protected through encryption. We will not retain any of your personal information for longer than required, except to fulfil our legal obligations.
- Aussie Trax reserves the right to update this information as deemed necessary.
- If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information or if you believe that we have handled your personal information inappropriately, you can contact us in the following ways:
Aussie Trax 4×4 Rentals
56 Boat Harbour Drive,